A CozyBogie Thanksgiving: Sweet Potato Casserole
November 25, 2011 § 1 Comment
A truly inimitable part of any Thanksgiving meal.
I’m not the world’s biggest sweet potato fan, but this is a really delicious dish. I add marshmallows on top for the last 10 minutes of cooking, or until they are just golden brown.
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups sweet potato, cubed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package of mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and add marshmallows in a single layer on top of the casserole. Return to oven and cook until the marshmallows are lightly golden on top.